Golden Ticket Information
The prize for the Golden Ticket raffle is the winner's choice of any Live Auction item. (See the complete list at the end of this information). The price is $100 per ticket. The winner of the Golden Ticket will be announced at the beginning of the live auction on April 9th; however, the winner does not need to be present to win. Last year a lucky Alice Birney family went to Maui with their Golden Ticket.
The Golden Ticket is the perfect way to get friends and family who cannot attend Earth & Vine involved in supporting Alice Birney's specialty subjects. Alice Birney Parents - you can sell Golden Tickets to people in your life or community: your grandma; your dentist; your employer. Here's how:
Next find a friendly Golden Ticket seller at school each day at the Alice Birney main gate at 2:15. You can also go to the main office any time to purchase a ticket there. In either location, you will be given an actual physical Golden Ticket and a wonderful bar of chocolate - a gift with purchase - just remember that it's really Grandma's chocolate, so don't eat it all ;)
You can also purchase a Golden Ticket for yourself. Who knows, it might be your ticket to one of the exciting vacation getaways or an opportunity to win one of the beautiful class projects.
Please note: Golden tickets are not for sale online. They will, however be for sale at the Earth and Vine event.
If you have any questions about Golden Tickets, please contact Ms. Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GOLDEN TICKET PRIZES
1) Miss Sandy’s Kindergarten Watercolor Weaving, Value: Priceless
2) Ms. Gallagher’s Grade 1 Batik Wall Hanging, Value: Priceless
3) Ms. Darke’s Grade 2 Cherry Wood Swing, Value: Priceless
4) Mr. Larson’s Grade 3 Costume Chifferobe Heirloom Lullaby Chiﬀerobe that has been hand ﬁnished with beeswax by Mr. Larson’s 3rd grade class. The chiﬀerobe is maple hardwood with a retractable valet and ﬁve original hangers. It is being donated with a variety of hand crafted children’s costumes. Included in the costumes: hand sewn children’s costume, hand dyed scarves, hand sewn crown, play cape, and play hats. Value: Priceless
5) Mrs. Baradat’s Grade 4 Cross Stitch Square Quilt Value: Priceless
6) Mrs. Balladaras’ Grade 6 Mosaic Stump, Value: Priceless
7) Mrs. Hall - Sandlund’s Grade 7 Seasonal Wreaths (6 deliveries)
* Hawaiian Vacation - Seven (7) nights on Maui. Enjoy the island life in accommodations within walking distance to the beach at Kapalua Bay and surrounded by 23,000 acres of pineapple plantation. The studio or one-bedroom resort condominium sleeps up to 4 people at The Gardens at West Maui Resort - located along Kapalua’s Bay Course (airfare is not included). Value $2950
* Luxury Penthouse in Mexico - Enjoy the delights of Los Cabos in style! You will have 8 days/7 nights in a 3 bedroom, 3 bath penthouse condo in Los Cabos, Mexico. Sleeps 8. Two of the bedrooms are full master suites equipped with king-sized beds and private bathrooms. Third bedroom has two sets of bunk beds - sleep up to 4. Your condo is decorated in a “Mexican Hacienda” style that is both comfortable and elegant. The patio has expansive views of the Sea of Cortez, the colonial downtown area of San Jose del Cabo, and the mountains. The condo is high quality construction featuring solid wood doors, tile ﬂoors, ceramic sinks and countertops, complete kitchen with all appliances, built in closets, private balconies, and washer/dryer. There is satellite TV and radio. Within the complex there is a swimming pool/sunbathing area with beautiful views, palapa, BBQ area, and internet access. Very quiet and secure complex. Location is walking distance to downtown San Jose del Cabo, about a 10-minute walk to the beach. The balcony of this condo is the best place in the world to sip a margarita. You will have 18 months from the date of the event to make your reservation. NOT a timeshare, reservations are accepted 52 weeks per year on a ﬁrst come, ﬁrst served basis. Value $3200
* Parking Spot: Your very own in the Alice Birney staﬀ parking lot, reserved with a name placard for one school year! No more parking hassles or stress; you’ll be the envy of your friends. Made available courtesy of the generous Alice Birney staﬀ and faculty. Value: Priceless
* Amador Wine Experience: Explore the wine country of Amador County with food, wine and more! A one-night stay for two at a lovely Airbnb home in Fiddletown and a weekend’s worth of activities including lunch at Prospect Cellars in Plymouth, wine and tasting at Fiest Winery in Sutter Creek, a tasting at Sobon Estates in Plymouth and a dinner catered by Lucy Spice Box in Volcano, to eat on-site or take food to go and enjoy your rustic Fiddletown getaway for the evening. Value $500
* Pipin' Hot Smokers BBQ Party - Not just any BBQ, but competition quality BBQ! A complete BBQ dinner for twelve. Includes: any two meats (except salmon), any two sides, spring mix salad and dinner rolls. We will also provide paper plates, plastic dinnerware, and napkins. Also included is our incredible Kansas City style BBQ sauce. Enjoy libations courtesy of New Belgium Brewery, 2 complimentary cases included. Value $300
* Mountain Getaway - Enjoy up to 3 nights at this beautiful modern log cabin overlooking the town of Downieville. Walk to the Yuba River, the local wine bar, restaurants, and the historic gold rush town. This area has some of the best mountain biking, hiking and ﬂy-ﬁshing in Northern California. The Lakes Basin, the Sierra Buttes, and the Paciﬁc Crest Trail are just a short drive away. Or spend a lazy day basking and swimming at the many beautiful swimming holes along the sparkling Yuba River. The cabin is comfortable for two families. It features 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a ﬁeldstone ﬁreplace, a deck, and a fully- equipped kitchen. There are 2 queen beds, 2 double beds, and a bunk bed in the kid's room. Blackout dates: Memorial Day Weekend, June 18-19, August 5-7, August 13-14 and Labor Day Weekend. Value $750
* Catered Seasonal Dinner: Make your next dinner party an amazing gourmet experience! A ﬁve-course meal for up to 6 guests, prepared in your home by chef Ame Harrington-Pickens. Value $600
* Lake Tahoe Cabin: Two-night stay on the West Shore. The cabin, resting on a ½ acre, is just up the street from Sunnyside Resort, 1/4 mile from the Lake and is just two miles south of Tahoe City. It is close to skiing at Alpine Meadows or Homewood, and very near the bike trail. Known for its beauty and outdoor activities, Lake Tahoe’s magical West Shore is full of things to see and do. There are 4 bedrooms, 2 baths and sleeps 10. Value $700
* Blissful Twin Bridges Cabin: Enjoy a three-night stay at a modern cabin; built in 1939, updated in 2011. This beautiful cabin nestled in the eastern Sierras is 90 miles from Sacramento on Highway 50. Its charm is only matched by its surroundings. Enjoy miles of scenic hiking trails near Camp Sacramento, Lover’s Leap and Horsetail Falls as well as historic landmarks along the original Pony Express route. Explore ﬁshing holes along the American River, the many lakes of the Desolation Wilderness or beautiful Lake Tahoe, all within a short drive. Or just curl up with a book and enjoy peace and quiet in the charming family cabin. You choose! Two bedroom (loft) one bath, comfortably sleeps 6. Blackout Date: May 28, July 2, July 30, August 20, September 3, October 2016 - May 2017. Value $500
* Tasting Party: A 2 to 3 hour wine experience with a selection of ﬁne wines from Fair Play, El Dorado County, paired with various Spanish tapas, served to 6-8 of your friends in a beautiful South Land Park Home. Host John Avila will discuss all the attributes of crafting ﬁne wine as you go through the wine and food pairing. Value $300
* Nor Cal Beauty: Irish Beach Home: A sweet, warm and comfortable 3-bedroom, 2 bath home with sweeping ocean views and a beautiful new deck. The hot tub is wind protected and the Pt. Arena Lighthouse beam brightens the sky as you lounge away in the warm water. The Arena Vista home has a newly remodeled kitchen and ﬁreplace area. There are cozy reading nooks in the living area and bedrooms, which also double as extra sleeping quarters. You can truly relax and cozy up in Arena Vista and the grandeur of Irish Beach below is all yours for the viewing. This is for 3 nights. Sleeps 6. Value $950
* Donner Pass: Best Little Getaway: Enjoy the hidden gems of Truckee and the Donner Pass area. Stay in an adorable Kingvale Cabin (about 315 sq. ft.) - tiny living at its best! Located a 10-minute drive from historic Truckee and near ski resorts such as Soda Springs and Donner Lake for fantastic summertime recreation. Has front deck with patio furniture, BBQ, hammock. BYO relaxation! Kitchen has stove top, mini fridge, bistro table and wood stove for heat. Bedroom has one queen sized bed. (Bedding provided.) Camping is ok around cabin area. After a day of exploring the beautiful outdoors, come enjoy the local ﬂavors of historic Truckee: also included is a gift certiﬁcate for Wild Cherries Coﬀee House and for the Squeeze In (best burgers in town!) Available for up to three nights. Blackout Dates: April 30-May 1. Value $500
* Zocalo with Friends: Dinner for six (6) people at either of Zocalo’s lovely locations: midtown or Roseville. Includes 2 pitchers of Margarita’s and dessert (additional drinks and gratuity are not included). Reservation is required. Enjoy a night of extraordinary eating - Zocalo is Regional Mexican cuisine at its best! Value of $300